Wednesday, June 8, 2011

in front of the front

Hey-o!
Greetings internet community. This is the first post and I don't plan on actually spending much time "writing" - I'm not a writer and I tend to ramble when I do...

So I'm gonna start off by stating my purpose clearly.

I want to make friends. My hope is promote hand-made crafty things & share what I'm learning with others.

I'm starting this blog because I like to make things - I already have a drawing blog chronicling my work & process as an illustrator but this blog will be devoted to my crafty stuff. I work on a computer as a graphic designer for way too many hours a day and this is my departure from design & illustration.

Lately, I've been working with leather - specifically bracelets and leather cuffs. I've learned how to make a "trick braid" braclet from this video on youtube.com


The crafter's etsy store is here.

It has been incredibly helpful for me to start learning. I'll be posting links and what-nots from crafters I like and follow but most of this will be my progress and things I've made.

cheers.

--the keeper

1 comment: