Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Faithful Anchor - freezer paper stencil

Here is a project that I've heard about for years. I made a freezer paper stencil tee shirt design. I've always been pretty good with an exacto knife - so I knocked out an anchor (of which I'm quite fond) with some hand designed typography.

Pretty simple really.

1. Draw design on freezer paper.

2. Cut out design - be sure to hang onto the counter forms or negative spaces of the letters because those CAN be ironed back into place.

3. Iron the freezer paper stencil to the shirt. (shiny side down or it won't adhere to the shirt)

4. Once the stencil is adhered - apply ink to stencil (I used speedball fabric screen-printing ink).

5. Wait for ink to dry and remove stencil. Toss it in the dryer to heat set the ink.

6. Bam! Dopeness!











































No comments:

Post a Comment